Friday, February 3, 2012

Peanut Butter Cake Cookies

The other night while my husband was gone, I wanted to surprise him with cookies. I didn't have too much time though. I remembered that people have used cake mix to make cookies... so... I couldn't find any recipe I liked so I decided to attempt my own recipe. I decided I wanted them to taste Reeses like. So here is what I came up with.

Peanut Butter Cake Cookies
1 cake mix (chocolate fudge)
1 1/2 c Peanut Butter
3/4 c Powdered Sugar
1/4 c Flour
1-2 c Chocolate Chips

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Get you cake mix and prepare it as if you were going to make a normal cake. I used the high altitude instructions.



Add peanut butter, powdered sugar, flour, and chocolate chips

Mix them all together, the dough will be really gooey.


 I used a tablespoon scoop and placed the cookies about 2 inches apart, as the dough will spread.
HINT: If you spray yours scoop with cooking spray the dough will come right out.
 Cook them for 8 minutes


Let them cool ....


and your done.  Eat them up.


I saw my sister-in-law store her cookies in a ice cream container and thought it was a genius idea.


Also another little trick, If you don't want your cookies to get hard add a piece of bread to your cookie jar and your cookies will stay soft longer. 
NOTE: You do NOT need to add a piece of bread while storing these cookies, as these cookies are super moist already. 
I hope you enjoyed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment