Monday, January 30, 2012

Mama Lewis' Crock-Pot Beef and Broccoli



      When I was dating my husband, before we got married, his family cooked a big Chinese dinner. Ever since then, I have loved beef and broccoli. Then one year My mother-in-law gave me a recipe book for Christmas with the beef and broccoli recipe in it. Because it takes so much time, at least too much for my liking, I made it in a crock-pot. I changed a few ingredients around but to me it taste just the same.


Mama Lewis' Crock-Pot Beef and Broccoli
6oz Beef slices
3/4 cup Water
1 Beef bouillon cube
1 Tbs Soy sauce
1 Tbs Oyster Sauce
1 1/2 tsp Grape Juice (white grape juice works too)
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/8 tsp Ginger
2 tsp Garlic
Cornstarch enough to thicken sauce. (about 1 Tbs)
1 lb frozen Broccoli

Spray your crock-pot with cooking spray before you begin. In a crock-pot combine,  uncooked, cubed, Beef, water, bouillon cube, soy sauce, oyster sauce, juice, sugar, ginger and garlic. Let the meat marinate and cook for about 1-2 hours on high. Once the meat is cooked add corn starch and mix. Then add the broccoli and cook for about 1 more hours on high or 2 on low. Then you are done, but you may want to take the lid off and have it cool for about 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment